Purpose of biological safety cabinet class II (type B2) (code 231.120)
physical isolation (retention and controlled removal from the working area) of pathogenic biological agents (PBA) and microorganisms in order to prevent the possibility of infection by airborne droplets of personnel and contamination of the air of the working room and the environment;
minimizing the risk of infection and cross-contamination of the product;
- the ability to work with a small amount of strongly smelling substances, as well as toxic chemicals and radionuclides, with the obligatory connection of the box to an individual active exhaust ventilation system using an exhaust hood, which is included in the delivery set;
- the box is designed to equip individual workplaces of medical, pharmaceutical and other institutions that work with pathogenic biological agents and microorganisms in accordance with SP 1.3.2322-08, SP 1.3.2518-09, SP 1.3.3118-13.
ATTENTION! When working with plague, cytostatics, toxic chemicals and radionuclides, it is MANDATORY to connect the box to an exhaust ventilation system with a capacity of at least 1015 m3/hour. At the same time, the box installation room must be equipped with supply ventilation with a capacity of at least 1000 m3/hour.
In all other cases, the need to connect to the exhaust ventilation system is determined independently by the operating organization based on the analysis and risk assessment.
Application of biological safety cabinet class II (type B2)
Due to the lack of recirculation, the cabinet can be used when working with small quantities of toxic and chemical substances.
Registration certificate of Roszdravnadzor No. FSR 2012/13259 dated 05.05.12 for a medical device (medical equipment product).
Distinctive features of the biological safety cabinet class II (type B2):
- There is no air recirculation in the working chamber of the box;
- Two independent filter-ventilation blocks provide air supply and its removal from the working chamber;
- Contaminated air undergoes highly effective cleaning and is completely removed into the external exhaust system;
- Due to the difference in the volumes of air supplied to the working chamber and removed from it, an air curtain is created in the operator’s window, which prevents cross-contamination “working agent-operator”;
- The box is equipped with screw supports for rigid fixation in place of operation and wheel supports designed solely for ease of movement when installing the box.
- Microprocessor fan motor control system without the use of energy-converting power elements – SintelL-1.The system allows you to minimize the level of power consumption of a working box, reduce the level of acoustic noise and interference;
- The system of static stabilization of air consumption – AIS LS provides a constant air balance inside the working chamber, regardless of the degree of contamination of the filter;
- The control panel with the LCD display indicates the inclusion of the systems of the product, their possible malfunctions, the selected operating mode and the technological timer;
- DRIVE-N-ROLL technology allows the operator to easily and smoothly slide the UV irradiation unit under the tabletop while working in the box.
Standard box design
Inclined front surface of the box;
front glass – hinged, glass material “triplex”, the mechanism for opening, closing and holding the glass in the open position is equipped with gas shock absorbers;
- a damper for prevention of blow when closing front glass;
Tempered side windows
lighting of the working chamber;
- 2 sockets in the working chamber of the box (on the right on the back wall);
- air flow laminarizer made of fine-meshed polymer mesh;
a set of removable stainless steel worktops (three sections);
Removable stainless steel armrest.
UV irradiation unit:
retractable (in non-working position it is located outside the working chamber, under its base);
- metal protection of a lamp of UF-irradiation.
- dampers to prevent shock when lowering the lifting gate of the working opening.
System for supplying and removing air from the box
- cleaning of the air entering the working chamber, two-stage: it takes place through the preliminary coarse filter G4 and the supply HEPA filter H14, located above the working chamber;
- purification of the air removed from the box occurs through the outlet HEPA filter H14, located under the base of the working chamber;
- to supply air to the box, the supply (upper) ventilation chamber is equipped with two fans;
- to remove air from the box, the exhaust (lower) ventilation chamber is equipped with two fans;
- Removable exhaust hood for connecting the box to the active exhaust ventilation system, the hood is equipped with a compensation gap to exclude the influence of the exhaust ventilation system on the operation of the box.
Elements of the control system
- electroautomatic system – microprocessor;
push-button box control panel with LCD display;
- electromagnetic reader and electromagnetic access keys;
air flow parameters sensors;
- position sensors of front glass and block of UF-irradiation;
individual fuse for the power supply line of the main functions of the box (fan, lighting, UV irradiation);
individual fuse for sockets installed in the working chamber;
Detachable power cable with lock.
Elements for checking the integrity of HEPA filters
- to check the supply HEPA filter – the built-in air sampling fitting (located under the G4 pre-filter);
- to check the exhaust HEPA filter – the built-in air sampling fitting (located on the left under the protective grid of the pallet);
- the rear panel of the exhaust (lower) ventilation chamber – removable for free access to the exhaust HEPA filter for scanning when checking its integrity.
Main characteristics of BOX biological safety class II (type B2) BMB-II-“Laminar-S”
|The class of air purity in the working chamber in terms of the concentration of suspended particles (aerosols) according to GOST ISO 14644-1-2002, not less than||5 ISO|
|Boxing class according to GOST R EN 12469-2010, NSF/ANSI 49||II|
|Box type according to NSF/ANSI 49||B2|
|Class of installed HEPA filters according to GOST R EN 1822-1-2010||H14|
|Class of installed coarse filter according to GOST R EN 779-2014||G4|
|The average speed of the downward air flow in the working chamber of the box, m/s||0.35+0.01|
|The average speed of the air flow entering the box through the working opening, m/s||0.47±0.03|
|Illumination of the working area (integral value determined over the entire area of the working area), Lux, not less than||1000|
|The degree of air recirculation in the box,%||absent|
Basic parameters and dimensions of the biological safety cabinet class II (type B2)
|Overall dimensions of the box (WxDxH), mm||1200x810x2325|
|Dimensions of the working chamber (WxDxH), mm||1105x610x705|
|Boxing weight, kg, no more||270|
|Height from floor to work surface, mm||905|
|Power consumed by the box (excluding the load on the built-in sockets), W, not more than||720/174*|
|Total maximum allowable load on built-in sockets, W, no more||1000|
|Productivity for clean air supplied to the working chamber of the box, m3/h||795-820|
|Productivity on the air thrown out from boxing, m3/hour||1135-1205|
|Sound pressure level at a distance of 1 m from the box, dB, no more||59|