The Snap Beta-lactam CT test is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the determination of residual Beta-lactam antibiotics in whole cow’s milk at a level not exceeding acceptable standards. With this test, it is possible to jointly determine ampicillin, cefapirin, amoxicillin, ceftiofur, cloxacillin, dicloxacillin, ticarcilin and cefadroxil.
The Snap Beta-lactam ST test is intended for use under normal room conditions (15-30°C) without an incubator. Take the tests you need to use throughout the day from the refrigerator, let them stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before using. Store unused tests in the refrigerator.
Sample temperature should be within 0-10°C. The Snap Beta-lactam ST test allows the determination of penicillin G 0.002 units/cm3 in raw cow’s milk.
Storage All materials should be stored at 2-8°C. Complete set One set of the test includes: SNAP-module, test tube for sample, pipette.
|Temperature control time||6||i|
|Minimum order quantity||30||PCS|
“Snap-test” is included in the National Standard of the Russian Federation – Amendment No. 2 GOST R 51600-2000 “Milk. Methods for determining the presence of antibiotics”.
Instructions for use
The temperature of the sample should be between 0-10 C.
Shake the milk sample thoroughly.
• The Snap Fixture must remain level during the entire test;
• Do not use test tube and device from different sets;
• Do not use the kit after the expiration date;
• If the control spot has not changed color, redo the test.
Testing Milk for Antibiotic
Residue • Remove the Snap instrument, pipette and tube from the package;
(Note: In the new Snap tool, the raw spot in the result window is a light blue color, the same as in the active circle.)
• Make sure the reagent bead is at the bottom of the vial (if not, invert the vial and return the bead to the bottom).
• Place the Snap Device on a level surface;
• Shake the milk thoroughly;
• Take a test tube from the kit and open the lid;
• Draw milk into the IDEXX pipette (450ml + -50ml) up to the indicator line;
Helpful Hint : When testing, take a sample from the middle part of the tube with milk and draw it slowly into the pipette to avoid the formation of bubbles.
• Transfer the sample from the pipette to the test tube and shake the sample tube thoroughly until the reagent bead dissolves.
Important: Do not keep the sample in the test tube for more than 15 seconds.
• Pour the contents of the vial into the sample port of the Snap Instrument and discard the vial. The contents of the test tube will flow through the result window towards the blue activation circle.
• When the blue activation circle begins to disappear, push down firmly on the activator until the “Snap” sound (loud click) is produced by the Snap Device.
After activating the device, wait 6 minutes, then immediately interpret the result. Note: If no change in color of the control spot occurs, redo the test.
The Snap Beta-lactam kit allows you to cross-detect the following substances:
ampicillin, cefapirin, amoxicillin, ceftiofur, Cloxacillin, Dicloxacillin, Tikarcilin, cefadroxil