As part of a project to improve key health and safety indicators at the Aktogay mine and processing plant, KAZ Minerals commissioned the development and installation of a video surveillance system with computer vision analytics. Tasks solved by the video surveillance system within the framework of the project:
- Security Incident Detection:
- Detection of crossing the security perimeter by unauthorized persons
- Detection of crossing safety zones by personnel at the mine and processing plant
- Detection of labor protection-related incidents:
- Determining the presence/absence of protective equipment on personnel
- Detection of traffic violations
- Accident detection
As part of the design, installation and commissioning, Easy Life specialists (together with partners) developed and put into operation a video surveillance system, an on-site Wi-Fi and LTE network, and an on-site data center for real-time video analytics, recording and storing video materials. Under the objectives of the project, in addition to the existing on-site data center, a 50 m2 room for 12 racks (42U) with an estimated power of 45 kW was created. The video analytics and storage system is deployed on 198 Easy Life EL-DS and EL-HP servers. The video surveillance system is deployed on HikVision cameras in a secure design
The system was developed and put into operation in 9 months.
The tasks of the Easy Life specialists in the project were:
- Development topology for placing racks and servers of the on-premises data center.
- Development of Wi-Fi and LTE equipment layout based on the requirements for camera placement by the customer.
- Purchasing and integration of servers, cameras, telecommunications equipment, commissioning.
- Deployment of a video analytics and recording system at the facilities of the data center.
- Training of responsible personnel of the mine and CEP operation.