- Dosing water into reactors using two pumps with different capacities and a water meter in manual and semi-automatic modes.
- Dosing of raw materials (reagents) into reactors No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 from two containers using a dosing pump and a raw material counter in manual and semi-automatic modes.
- Filling the jackets of reactors No. 1 and No. 2 with water in manual and semi-automatic modes.
- Control and adjustment of the speed of the stirrers of reactors No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 in manual and semi-automatic modes.
- Air bubbling of raw materials in reactors No. 1, No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 in manual and semi-automatic modes.
- Temperature control of the coolant in the jacket and the temperature of the feedstock in reactors No. 1 and No. 2 in manual and semi-automatic modes.
The selection of ACS equipment was determined by two criteria: domestic manufacturer and low cost of equipment. In this regard, the automated control system was developed on the basis of the OWEN PLC110 programmable logic controller and OWEN Mx10 line I/O modules, frequency converters and an operator panel. ACS consists of a control panel, actuators and sensors.
The main menu of the operator panel consists of eight sections: REACTOR 1, REACTOR 2, REACTOR 3, REACTOR 4, MIMO, LOG, GRAPHS, SYSTEM. Using the REACTOR 1…4 screens, the operator controls the technological sub-processes corresponding to the reactor: dosing of water and raw materials, control of the agitator, bubbling, and also controls the temperature of the water in the jacket and the product in the reactor. Control is carried out in a semi-automatic mode, before starting any sub-process, the operator manually opens / closes manual gate valves and valves and starts the necessary sub-process for the selected reactor.
The MNEMOCHART screen displays the states of actuators (pumps and valves), readings of temperature sensors, values of water and raw materials meters. Also on the mnemonic diagram there are navigation buttons M, P1, P2, P3, P4 - for switching between sections MENU, REACTOR 1 ... 4, respectively, and button C - resetting the alarm (sound). In the upper right corner of the screen there is a MANUAL CONTROL button, by pressing which all actuators switch to manual control mode.
Manual control is carried out by pressing the corresponding actuator. The LOG screen displays a history of process events and alarms. On the GRAPHS screen there are graphs of the temperature of the water in the jacket and the product in reactors No. 1 and No. 2. On the SYSTEM screen, the operator panel settings are set: date, time, access password.